BLACK ASH SPORTSMAN, INC.
RIFLE RANGE RULES
The Black Ash Sportsman, Inc., by its Articles of Incorporation and By-Laws, is an organization created by sportsmen and sportswomen to promote hunting, fishing, competitive target shooting, outdoor recreation and to provide for the protection of our natural resources. The Club and its facilities were not designed, or intended to be used as a public shooting range, police range, combat range, or tactical shooting area. The following rules have been adopted to promote the goals, aspirations and intent of the Club, and to provide for the safety of all persons using the facility and to maintain the good of the community in which the facilities are located. Non-members accompanied by an active member are required to pay a $3 range fee each visit. All members and guests are required to abide by the following safety and conduct rules:
- Shooting hours are from 8:00 A.M. to sunset, except on Sunday when the hours are from 9:00 A.M. to sunset.
- Full automatic firearms are prohibited. Rapid-fire, semi-automatic shot strings are also prohibited. All shots must be aimed at the target with proper sight alignment. Consecutive shots may not be fired at a rate that prevents the placement of all shots on the target.
- All targets shall be of paper or cardboard material and shall be placed in the center of the target backboards and between the target crossbar supports. Metal targets, cans, bottles, clay targets, and non-metal targets of any other composition are not permitted at the rifle range. Shooting at targets on the ground is not permitted. Human silhouette targets are prohibited.
- No Combat or Quick-Draw and Shoot practice is permitted at the Black Ash range facility. Holstered firearms shall always be unloaded.
- All patterning of shotguns shall be done on the target frame located on the South (far right) side of the rifle range. Sighting-in of shotguns using rifled slugs shall be done on a range appropriate bench on the rifle range.
- Eye and ear protection must be worn by all shooters and spectators in the vicinity of the shooting area.
- All children under the age of twelve must be under the immediate supervision of an adult.
- Shooters must pick up and remove all target materials, empty brass, and other materials after shooting. Targets shall be removed from the target frames. Shell casings shall be carried away by the shooter or placed in the box provided for used brass at the rifle range. Shells that have failed to fire (misfires) may be placed in the same box. They will be disposed of by range personnel. Combustible materials should be placed in the burn barrel. DO NOT PLACE UNFIRED AMMUNITION IN THE BURN BARRELS.
- All firearms are to be pointed downrange while loading and unloading.
- All firearms will be unloaded; the actions left open, and the firearm placed flat on the loading bench or in a gun rack while people are downrange checking targets.
- Anyone checking the 200-yard target shall place the “PERSON DOWNRANGE AT 200-YARDS” sign in the holder in front of the firing line before going downrange to the 200-yard target. The person placing the sign in the holder shall remove the sign after returning from the 200-yard target.
- All shooting shall stop when a shooter declares the intent to check a target.
- Alcoholic beverage, controlled substances, and/or their use prior to shooting are prohibited.
- It is the responsibility of all members of the Black Ash Sportsman, Inc., to assist in the enforcement of the rules. Any person observed violating the rules or engaging in any unsafe practices should be advised of the nature of the violation and politely asked to refrain from the activity. If the practice is continued, the offender should be asked to leave the club premises. Members should strive to avoid and confrontational situations.
- Any non-member engaging in an unsafe practice, and who fails to correct their actions after being asked to do so, shall be instructed to leave the premises and not return until permission is received from the Board of Directors. Members who are observed engaging in unsafe practices and who refuse to correct their actions after being asked to do so, shall be reported to the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors shall review all violations of the Range Safety Rules, and they shall be responsible for determining the nature of any disciplinary action. Such action may include a suspensions of range privileges and/or suspension or expulsion from the Black Ash Sportsman, Inc.